Published on 14/11/2019 - Modified on 07/01/2020Set as bookmark
Christmas market and security
To visit the Christmas market more safely, security and protection measures have been strengthened.
Mobile forces of the police and the gendarmerie will increase the number of police. Security forces from all over France are being mobilized. Additional measures are taken :
- 60 city police officers will reinforce the contingent of the national police and security agents and 400 security cameras will be installed in the city centre ofver the entire market area
- All trams and bus stations in the city center are not served during market opening hours. The stations Langstross/Grand'Rue, Homme-de-Fer and Alt Winmärik only served outside the opening hours of the Christmas market. The station Broglie is totally closed during the whole period of the Christmas market
- No access to the parking places and car parks in the city center from the 21st of November and during the whole time of the market
- 16 access bridges are open for the entrance to the Christmas market
- Every day until the closing time at 20.00, personal checks are carried out for each visitor to the Christmas market.
Two control lines are planned one for people with luggage and the other for the people without luggage. Your identity can be controlled everywhere in the city centre, not just at the entrance points. Always have your identity papers with you.
Opening hours of the Christmas market
- 22nd November from 2.00 pm to 9.00 pm
- From 23. November to 23. December daily from 11am to 8 pm, Fridays to 9 pm and Saturdays until 10 pm
- 24th of December from 11 am to 6 pm
- Closed on the 25th of December
- From 26 to 30 December, only the markets of Place de la Cathédrale, Place du Château, Vieux Marché aux Poissons and the Palais des Rohan are open from 11:00 am to 8.00 pm