null Council of Europe : Hungarian Presidency
Published on 01/08/2021 - Modified on 01/08/2021Set as bookmark
Council of Europe : Hungarian Presidency
Until next November, Hungary chairs the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe previously held by Germany.
At the invitation of Julia Dumay, Deputy Mayor of Strasbourg in charge of European and international relations of the City of Strasbourg, two symbolic events will mark the transition between the two countries on Wednesday, June 2 in Strasbourg :
- 1:30 p.m. "Droits de l’Homme" tram station : a tramway will be inaugurated in the colors of Hungary
- 2:00 p.m. place Broglie : flag raising to the sound of the German, Hungarian and European anthems.
These two events will take place in the presence of :
- Ms Marija Pejčinović Burić, Secretary General of the Council of Europe,
- H.E. Ambassador Rolf Mafael, Permanent Representative of Germany to the Council of Europe,
- Mr. Péter Sztáray, State Secretary in charge of security policy at the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.
As part of the partnership agreement between the City of Strasbourg and the Council of Europe, the City and Eurometropolis Strasbourg provides support for the cultural enhancement of each presidency. A rich and varied cultural program will allow inhabitants and tourists to discover Hungarian culture from September 2021. The program of events will be communicated later.